Saturday, May 2, 2009

Floating Market - Damnoen Saduak

"floating market = floating tourist rubbish" (LUXE city guides)
XD

well, if anything, you get to sit on the James Bond - that long tail boat (not recommended of you have a bad back), see how their village people lives & see how they juggle a tray from the middle of the canal all the way to land... (but it is quite a long way from the city and you have to set off before the sun rises...)

with all the food there, am not going to complain....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

5 comments:

Leony said...

Waaaaa.... just like you, I might be more interested in trying the traditional street food. Looks yummy!! What's the last one ? Looks like serabi in Indo with jackfruit...

Thomas said...

I really enjoyed your pics, they are really great! I wish I could be their!!! :)

cla said...

aaa... you might not be able to read the red sign on the picture.... it says "Kannom Krok" - a traditional sweet breakfast dessert. Made with ground rice mixed with coconut milk, a little sugar, a pinch of salt, garnished with a choice of pumpkin, spring onion or sweet corn.

its a lot softer than serabi... almost like a pudding consistency, soft and fluffy...

Erique Fat Owl said...

Wow, Cla. I feel much better about myself now after looking at these pics of yours.

You see, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who LOVES tourist traps like these khlong foods, LOL

Whenever I go to Bangkok, I'm always surrounded by those self-important pretentious goobs thinking that they're too culturally sophisticated to eat at these tourist traps. Boo to them!!

(I hope they're not reading this!)

Bibifoc said...

Floating market are very atypical things to DO! Should to go to Thailand to have a look of all these fresh and yummy food!