Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Nepos Kitchen - IKSPIARI Maihama, Urayasu, Chiba

Ooh! Ooh! This was fun! I found this cute restaurant in IKSPIARI. I said it, I'm a sucker for cute stuff. Not because I have an unhappy childhood, but because my childhood was TOO happy, I couldn't figure out when to start being an adult. Kind of like Toraji in Fantastipo.

Anyway, I think this restaurant is an interesting concept. It's owned and operated by the Japan Post (the postal service), and it's a family restaurant designed to increase children's awareness of the postal service, and at the same time, having a great time! They only serve curry and desserts, which appeals to me even more.

Adjacent to the restaurant is this cute Nepos Japan Post souvenir shop and postal service shop designed for kids. That means, there are mascots everywhere in a magical forest atmosphere, the postal employees are dressed like maids in a forest cafe, and the mailbox is shaped like a cute tree trunk with fairies and mushrooms on them. Kawaii!






The Nepos Kitchen mascots. Gee, I wish I could name all of them. But I can't...






Kotokoto nikonda yawaraka beef no tokusen kare

-> The fact that this dish is so oishii compensates its ridiculously long name. The name translates as "simmery simmered special tender beef curry". Btw, "kotokoto" is a Japanese onomatopoeia for something simmering. The dish is basically beef curry poured over a donut-shaped fluffy rice. Yogurt / sour cream is also added for that extra creamy texture. Mmmm...




Kodawari choux cream

-> This is very, very good. It's so good I planned to bring some back to my country. But it's kind of impossible, so I had to eat as much as I can while I'm there. It's so much better than beard papa, because of the crunchy-sweet texture of the choux crust. The cream filling is not too much, and the temperature is just perfect.

No comments: