Saturday, August 4, 2007

Tamani Cafe - Pondok Indah Plaza, Jakarta

When my dad was admitted to hospital, I stayed with him in his hospital ensuite room for 2 weeks. That means my daily diet usually consisted of lousy take-away food or "emergency" home-packed lunches. Anyway, as my dad's condition worsened, I had no appetite.

However, when his condition improved, suddenly I had this huge craving for Poulet Cordon Bleu. Luckily, the hospital is in Pondok Indah (that's a nice upmarket suburb in Jakarta for those not in the know), so yummy restaurants are just (literally) doorsteps away. And anyone who's anyone in Jakarta would know that as far as Poulet Cordon Bleu is concerned, Tamani Cafe is the place to go.

Conveniently, Tamani Cafe is located just across the hospital.




The menu
-> They feature their new Wagyu beef steak on their new menu cover. Apparently in Jakarta, Australian Wagyu is the 'in' thing among gourmets nowadays. As for me, it's nothing new since I have passed my Wagyu craze on mid 2006.



Poulet (Chicken) Cordon Bleu
-> The house speciality. Doesn't look much, but once you tried it, you'll be hooked.



Chicken Maryland
-> Chicken thigh fillet, deep fried, classic brown gravy.



I forgot what drink this was. I think there's pink guava in it.



The dessert
-> Hazelnut Sorbet, Strawberry Cheesecake, Brownie, and Classic Tiramisu.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duh lemes... it's 4.45pm and i'm starvinggggggggggggggggggggg

lifeis2munch said...

yumm chicken maryland, their caesar salad and herbed fries are my favorites!