Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Thye Hong Hokkien Mee - Food Republic Wisma Atria, Singapore



This is the Hokkien Mee from that stall in Food Republic Wisma Atria that people goes crazy about - since its opening last year, there's always like a, gazillion people queueing up for these noodles. I didn't get the chance to try it last year because the queue was too long - not to mention that I've been scouting for seat in the foodcourt for like 30 minutes without success. The place was just too jam-packed.
One year later, I finally get to taste this coveted Hokkien mee...(and that's because I went there at 3.00pm, where most food courts are usually empty by that time). I'm a little dissapointed! the noodle wasn't such a big deal after all! Even random hokkien mee seller in Jakarta is better! The noodle was not so tasty, and you can't taste the zhu you zha (those fried lard bits). However, the chilli sauce wasn't bad.

No comments: