Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Isetan Casual Dining - Isetan Shinjuku, Tokyo

A nice family restaurant in Isetan Shinjuku. This restaurant is hu-uge. It's almost as huge as a large food court in Singapore. Among the menu, the one that I wanted the most was the okosama ranchi (children's lunch) with the cute little Hamburg steak and the American flag stuck on the rice, but only children under 6 can order it!






Salad & Tomato Soup




Hamburg & Beef Stew Omurice

-> It's really, really good. What I love about dishes like this is that it's really un-pretentious. It's hearty, wholesome, robust, and satisfying. Much better than other omurice I had outside Japan. The omelet is thick and fluffy, and the rice inside is fried with tomato sauce (the original recipe and the best). I personally prefer traditional omurice with tomato rice instead of the avant-garde ones like curry rice, pineapple rice, etc. The beef stew is awesome, with just the right cut of meat. The sauce is semi-sweet, kind of demiglace mixed with hayashi (as expected).



Strawberry Yogurt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Digital memory,to me, is something that I seem to be unable to ever have enough of. It's as if megabytes and gigabytes have become an inseparable part of my day to day existence. Ever since I bought a Micro SD Card for my DS flash card, I've been constantly vigilant for high memory at low prices. I feel like I'm going insane.

(Submitted by Nintendo DS running [url=http://does-the-r4-r4i-work-with-the-new-ds.onsugar.com/Does-R4i-R4-actually-work-7232282]R4i[/url] rrPost)