Sunday, March 2, 2008

Zenya - Djakarta Theatre, Jakarta

This cozy restaurant has always been my place to escape. It's been there for ages but despite its central location, nobody that I know seems to go there. A nice, secret place to avoid seeing people that I know. (Well, I guess it's not-so-secret anymore. Oh well, I have tons of other secret hangouts).

Think of this place as the antithesis of Cilandak Town Square (also in Jakarta), where it's nearly impossible for you to go there at any given time and NOT running into someone you know.







Hiyashi chuuka
(Cold 'Chinese'-style Japanese ramen)
-> The BEST one I've tasted EVER. Perfect for Jakarta's hot and humid climate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i heard the place serves all-u-can-eat sushi, or sashimi. but all members of your party must also select the package, so no one can order ala carte.

Erique Fat Owl said...

Yeah - otherwise non-ordering party members could just eat the ordering people's food! LOL

Anyway, I always tend to avoid all-you-can-eat sushi...The concept alone is an abomination let alone the quality. If you tell that to a sushi chef in Japan he'll probably slit your throat with his hocho...