Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hot Wokmaster - Ultimo, Sydney

Stirred noodles with chilli ginger steamed chicken

-> Mmm. I smelled lard. Delectable. I always appreciate Chinese restaurants that incorporate lard to their cooking. Every now and then, I don't give a tiny rat's tush about the health hazard, let me live a little!

Rating: 6.5/10


Pork dumpling

-> Bad. But cheap. *smiles* Skin is too thick and filling is too scarce. Definitely an insult to a dumpling aficionado like myself. But it's cheap *smiles again*

Rating: 4.5/10 *frowns*



Note:
I thought I have to review this place eventually - although I'm reluctant to do so since this place is probably the most uninteresting Chinese eatery I've ever encountered. However, since I've been here like, a million times (usually to get some takeouts), I thought why not have a proper dine-in and review this place anyway. The good thing about this place is that it's incredibly cheap - a simple rice dish is only like, 7 bucks and some of the items on the menu are actually quite good. It's somewhat suitable if you're a student with tight living budget.

Anyway, if you do want to try this place out, get takeouts. dining here is very depressing. (no decor, awkward staff, and sometimes, there's this weird smell lingering outside this restaurant.

2 comments:

SoRMuiJAi said...

Those dumplings looks IDENTICAL to the ones I buy from the frozen section at the grocery store. Same shape, same "wrinkle" bits after its cooked. I'm pretty sure they're serving you store bought dumplings, especially since they're so uniform in shape!

Erique Fat Owl said...

@Sormuijai

No, I don't think so. These ones are WORST than the store-bought ones, so I'm pretty sure they made 'em themselves! LOL